Supported Hardwre : Sun X2100 ?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Dec 19 08:52:25 PST 2005

On Dec 18, 2005, at 5:35 AM, Michiel Boland wrote:

> 6.x installs and runs just fine on an x2100. As long as you don't
> use the NVIDIA NIC. Luckily, these boxes have a Broadcom as well.

Thanks for this note -- at least this part of my plans will work...

Any ideas about the X4100?  From the specs it should work except for
the built-in disk and controller, but it is quite an expensive thing
to buy if it doesn't work...  I plan to plug an external RAID to it
so it doesn't matter that the internal disk doesn't work.