Tyan alternatives cuz their support totally sucks

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 4 19:00:41 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 01:57:43PM -0500, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> MSI has a server line as well, including 1U bare-bones, motherboards,
> etc... I have 4 dual AMD Opteron boxes here based on MSI K8Master's ...
> GREAT board, though must warn they are a bit pricey at ~ $500 - $600 /
> each, I have them configured with dual 246 cpu's and 4gb ecc registered

And you'll never be able to use anything better than rev.CG (130nm)
Opteron 250's in this board due to lack of BIOS support.  No PowerNow!
either.  Every Opteron board Tyan has produced they at least bothered to
support rev.E single core.  And Tyan supports rev.E dual-core on most of
their Opteron boards that was released before dual-core.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)