amd64/85451: 6.0-BETA3 lockups on AMD64

Fernando Schapachnik fernando at schapachnik.com.ar
Wed Aug 31 12:30:22 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR amd64/85451; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Fernando Schapachnik <fernando at schapachnik.com.ar>
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/85451: 6.0-BETA3 lockups on AMD64
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:26:37 -0300

 En un mensaje anterior, Björn König escribió:
 > Fernando Schapachnik wrote:
 > >
 > >	6.0-BETA3 can't stay up for ten minutes in my system. Any heavy I/O
 > >	(such as CVSup) locks the system (sometimes, even letting it idle).
 > >	With and without ACPI.
 > >

 > Just a wild guess: Do you use the pf and the user or group keyword in
 > the ruleset?

 No, sorry. I'm now starting to suspect about network activity, instead of I/O (all the I/O that
 triggered the problem was network related -- nfs or cvsup). The installation from CD went fine. I'll try to confirm it today.

 Fernando P. Schapachnik
 fernando at schapachnik.com.ar