AMD...

Beecher Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 08:50:07 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 11:46 pm, Fábio Silveira wrote:
>     Hi, I would ask you a question.. please could you tell me if AMD64
> signifies if I have a PC with AMD as a CPU, I could use it? Well I saw
> something like port and platform. I know I could use i386 to install in my
> PC, an AMD 800MHz.. so is it the same thing, I mean, when I had installed
> Linux OS in my system, I've always used i386. Is that the same for FreeBSD?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Fábio Silveira

AMD64 is for 64 bit AMD processors.  You would use i386 on your pc.
Please read the following for more information:

http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64.html

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \