Asus NCT-D + Intel Xeon compatibility with FreeBSD 5.4-Release (amd64)?

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Thu Aug 11 13:18:44 GMT 2005

Hi,

Well, after doing some more research I found out that indeed I will have
to make a switch of motherboard in order to be able to use the Adaptec
2200S PCI-64 66MHz U320 RAID controller to the fullest.

Now, the only parts I can get for a reduced price are Asus parts.

So, I have found the following candidate: Asus NCT-D (more info:
http://www.asus.com/produ...l1=9&l2=39&l3=106)

Interestingly enough, for once, even FreeBSD is mentioned (be it version
4.9) on the list of supported OSes. :)

In terms of processors I have the following options:
-Intel Xeon 2.8GHz, 800Mhz 1MB cache, Active 1+ € 190
-Intel Xeon 3.0GHz, 800Mhz 1MB cache, Active € 238
-Intel Xeon 3.2GHz, 800Mhz 1MB cache, Active € 285

Now, just to be extremely sure that I do not again get hardware that
will not fit my needs, can anyone tell me the following:

-Does the combination of the Asus NCT-D + 1 of these mentioned Xeon
processors fully support EM64T?
-I couldn't find this particular board on the list of supported
motherboards at http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html
but does anyone know if this board + Xeon will work with the FreeBSD 5.4
Release (amd64) version?

Thanks in advance, and kind regards,
Olafo