which video card for FreeBSD/amd64

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sun Apr 24 11:46:01 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 19:38 +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> Matrox cards may be an option.
>
>     Steve

As we haven't seen updates to the open-source MGA driver in ages, and
the Matrox binary driver won't work, Matrox in general would probably
not work.

That leaves ATI.  Keith Packard has tried dual-DVI on ATI, but had
issues with whatever radeon he was using (don't remember) getting the
second DVI to work, and has fallen back to DVI and VGA.  I'm not sure
what it would take to fix it (I've avoided mode setting stuff so far),
but I would imagine someone interested could do so.

Eric Anholt                                     eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt at FreeBSD.org