5.3, amd64, k8s pro locked up just now... new info

Tom Shafron phred1975 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 17:06:26 PDT 2005

--- Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
> Tom Shafron <phred1975 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > My 5.3 amd64 just locked up.  Seems to be a
> similar
> > problem to what Vivek has been describing.  The
> config
> > is:
> >
> > Tyan k8s pro (SATA version)
> > 5.3 Release
> > 2 x 246 opteron
> > onboard bge Gb ethernet
> > 4 x 512 MB (2GB)
> > 2 x 250 GB SATA (Western Digitial wd2500sd)
> >
> > I have it configured as a Raid 1 mirror using GEOM
> > mirror.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what memory are you using
> here?
>
> Also, I don't recall specifics, but I think there
> were a couple issues
> with gmirror on 5.3-release.  As others have pointed
> out 5.4RC would be
> good choice, but if it is too "scary", might try
> cvsup'ing to 5.3-
> stable.
>
> -- Best regards,
>
> Ken Gunderson
> GPG Key-- 9F5179FD
>
> "Freedom begins between the ears."	-- Edward Abbey

So just got back from checking out the machine... this
is the error I got:

Fatal trap 12: page  fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 1; apicid = 01
fault virtual address  = 0x48
fault code             = supervisor read, page not
present
instruction pointer    = 0x8:0xffffff8038a3b3
stack pointer          = 0x10:0xffffffb1fbfb00
code segment           = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type
0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32
0, gran 1
processor eflags       = resume, IPOL = 0
current process        = 44 (swi5: clock sio)
trap number            = 12

spin lock sched lock held by 0xffffff007b64c5207 > 5
secs

I think I got the addresses right but I had to right
them down so I'm not 100% sure....

Looks like something bugged out with the serial port
(which I don't use)... anyone have any opinions on
this?

-Tom