designing new freebsd server for amd64 arch

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Thu Apr 21 09:25:00 PDT 2005

Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra wrote:

[...]

> As far as advantages/disadvantages - last I'd heard, aac(4) is not 64-bit
> clean

Just to be clear to the folks who read this list, this claim is false.
Why Ketrien likes to spread it with such strong personal authority is
beyond me, and it makes me question whether or not many of the other
things that he says are completely accurate.  Sorry for lashing out
here, but gross FUD and mis-information is quite annoying.

Scott