supermicro X6DHP-8G2

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Tue Apr 19 09:39:35 PDT 2005

Ken Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:12:28 -0600
> Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org> wrote:
>

>>Marc Lambrichs wrote:
>>
>>>I want to use raid5 on my supermicro 6014P-82R with a X6DHP-8G2
>>>motherboard. So we had to let go of our Adaptec 2010S ZCR card, because
>>>it's not supported. What would you recommend to use instead?
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>marc
>>>

>>The 2010S is special since it uses the non-64-bit-clean ASR driver.
>>Other Adaptec cards like the 2200 use the AAC driver which is
>>64-bit clean and is known to work on amd64.  The LSI MegaRAID
>>line of cards uses the AMR driver which is also 64-bit clean and
>>known to work.  Those are your only two choices for SCSI RAID.
>>One thing to watch out for is that Intel rebrands ZCR cards from
>>both ICP/Vortex and LSI.  The driver for the former, IIR, is not
>>64-bit clean.
>

> Thanks for this Scott.  Is it safe to conclude that the Adaptec
> 2130S listed under fbsd hw-amd64 fall under this category since they
> use same driver?  Also safe to assume same for 2130SLP, wh/I don't
> see listed?? Or is Apdaptec playing chipset games between these models??

I believe that the 2130S and 2130SLP are equivalent.  I haven't seen the
SLP variant, though, and it might have a different PCI ID that the
driver doesn't recognise.  Fixing that is easy if it is indeed the case.
I haven't done a lot of testing with the 2130, but I believe that it
should work.

Scott