supermicro X6DHP-8G2

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Tue Apr 19 08:15:47 PDT 2005

Marc Lambrichs wrote:
> I want to use raid5 on my supermicro 6014P-82R with a X6DHP-8G2
> motherboard. So we had to let go of our Adaptec 2010S ZCR card, because
> it's not supported. What would you recommend to use instead?
>
> Cheers,
> marc

The 2010S is special since it uses the non-64-bit-clean ASR driver.
Other Adaptec cards like the 2200 use the AAC driver which is
64-bit clean and is known to work on amd64.  The LSI MegaRAID
line of cards uses the AMR driver which is also 64-bit clean and
known to work.  Those are your only two choices for SCSI RAID.
One thing to watch out for is that Intel rebrands ZCR cards from
both ICP/Vortex and LSI.  The driver for the former, IIR, is not
64-bit clean.

Scott