Recommendations?

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at sigpipe.cz
Sat Apr 16 05:05:37 PDT 2005

# flz at xbsd.org / 2005-04-16 13:55:17 +0200:
> Le Saturday 16 April 2005 ? 13:43 +0200, Roman Neuhauser a écrit :
> > # flz at xbsd.org / 2005-04-16 00:23:43 +0200:
> > > 	The system is totally usable,
> >
> >     You have listed things that are *not* usable, which means the board
> >     is not *totally* usable. Please think a bit about what you post. :)
> >
> >     So, what *does* work on the board? PS/2 mouse / keyboard, ATA,
> >     PCI-E graphics, and that's it?
>
> 	The only thing that is a bit annoying is sound (which has been
> 	reported as working, read the other posts). BTW, integrated
> 	sound chipset are usually crap.

    But you pay for that crap, so it should either work or should not
    be there at all. (IOW, I find it strange that people are used to
    pay even moderate money for something that's mostly useless, because
    even when it does work it's of such poor quality that they don't
    even try to use it.)

> 	That makes the box usuable (remove "totally" if it can make you
> 	happier).

    The board could have been somewhat cheaper without the parts that
    are of poor quality.

> 	My point is that a page with FreeBSD/amd64 status on different
> 	MBs would be much more useful than "Plz stay away from nvidia,
> 	this is crap".

    That's very true.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.