amd64/79813: Will not install/run on amd64 nForce 4 platform

Федор Васильев feodor_destroyer at mail.ru
Wed Apr 13 00:01:06 PDT 2005

Здравствуйте, David.

>>Environment:
DD> Free BSD will not install on my amd64 nForce 4 based
DD> platform.  I think it is a problem with the pci express platform.
DD> I have also had this problem with linux distro's.
>>How-To-Repeat:
DD> Try to install on an nForce 4 chipset machine.
>>Fix:
I have ECS KN1 motherboard with nforce4
everything fine - try to install in noACPI mode
than, compile kernel without option NO_MIXED_MODE
everything fine except internal gigabit network and some cyrillic
issues
 uname -a
FreeBSD *********** 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0:
Mon Apr 11 11:38:19 MSD 2005