Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 11 08:29:25 PDT 2005

Hi!

Our Dell 2850 running 5.4-PRERELEASE (amd64) from March 16 crashes
sporadically with the above msg. This has happened from time to time since
we got it in november. I've tried upgrading to stable a few times but the
problems have come back.

It really hangs hard most of the time, only the big button will restart it.
I cannot say what is causing the problems. We're running postfix (with
clamd, amavis), cyrus mail server and apache 1.3 w/ PHP. I'm not used to
debugging kernels, but I guess there's a fine section in the handbook about
this. But perhaps this is a known problem, perhaps even fixed, or maybe it
is a port that is bad, not the kernel? I have googled and checked the
mailing lists, and I'm not alone, but I found no fixes.

Any feedback appreciated.

apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22
clamav-0.83
cyrus-imapd-2.2.10