mozilla's install hanging on amd64

Mikhail Teterin mi at corbulon.video-collage.com
Sun Apr 10 14:37:59 PDT 2005

> Well, my /etc/make.conf was empty. It's always a good idea to remove
> non-standard and un-supported compiler options when encountering
> problems.

As far as optimization is concerned, I had the same problem after
rebuilding the entire Mozilla with -O. This information was in my
original e-mail, that started this thread.

Regarding the CPU-targeting (-march=opteron) -- this is not
"non-standard" nor "un-supported" -- setting CPUTYPE in /etc/make.conf
has long been the recommended way to go, as exemplified in

	/usr/share/examples/etc/defaults/make.conf

and bsd.cpu.mk -- this is where actual -march=XXX is added to compiler
flags.

If Mozilla port can't handle this, than it is broken and needs fixing
:-(

	-mi