mozilla's install hanging on amd64

Mikhail Teterin mi at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Apr 9 21:19:44 PDT 2005

Hello!

I've enabled Calendar in www/mozilla. The port builds fine, but at the
install time it hangs at:

	/bin/rm -fr /opt/include/mozilla
	/bin/mkdir -p /opt/include/mozilla
	/bin/chmod 755 /opt/include/mozilla
	cd /var/usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/fake/include/mozilla && /usr/bin/find . |  /usr/bin/cpio -pdm -L -R root:wheel /opt/include/mozilla
	34001 blocks
	/bin/mkdir -p /opt/share/gnome/applications
	install  -o root -g wheel -m 444
	/var/usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla.desktop
	/opt/share/gnome/applications
	===> Building Chrome's registry...
	*** Registering -webcal handler.
	*** Registering text/calendar handler.
	*** Registering webcal protocol handler.

I can see regxpcom running at full steam consuming all available CPU.

I first blamed the -O2 switch, but exactly the same thing happens after
a complete rebuild of the port with -O. This is on a single-processor
Opteron system. According to ktrace, the regxpcom process is doing
nothing, but occasional:

	3237 regxpcom RET   kse_release 0
	3237 regxpcom CALL  kse_release(0x7fffffefef50)

Any ideas? Thanks!

	-mi