How to use nForce3 internal NIC on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT-AMD64
nakaji at jp.freebsd.org
Tue Sep 28 16:30:21 PDT 2004
I just have found your posts from an archive of freebsd-amd64. And I
want to try your new drivers.
I bought exciting Dual Opteron box with
o Rioworks HDAMD
o Adaptec 29320A-R
o Seagate's U320 73GB drives (I do not remember the exact name)
o and so on
(Yes, I should have read amd64 archive before I choose the parts...)
And, as you can imagine easily, got into trouble with 5.3-BETA5.
The problem is,
1. With ACPI, 29320A-R is detected but the drives are not. System
hangs up while booting.
2. Without ACPI, no system hangup but no SCSI and no drives.
3. Without ACPI and with a SATA drive, installation was successfull
but no on-board NIC is available.
4. Without ACPI, with a SATA drive and with rtk(4) card, the box works
good, but no U320 drives and no on-board NIC are available. :(
5. Fedora Core 2 is easily be installed and works fine. :p
Which is better to test Kimoto-san's way or David's nve(4)? Are they
Thanks in advance.
More information about the freebsd-amd64