Mainboard Socket 754 sugestion

Chris Howells howells at kde.org
Mon Sep 27 09:00:20 PDT 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 16:48, Florian Unglaub wrote:
> I want to buy an AMD Athlon64 (3000 or 3200 MHz) in the next time. But I

Note that Athlon 64 3000+, does not mean that it runs at 3000MHz. It runs at
about 2.2 Ghz.

> am not sure, which mainboard I should buy. I just wanted
> to ask, who made a good experience with a certain board. It' s important
> for me that the onboard soundcard and the NIC will be supported bye
> FreeBSD-Current and maybe that gimmicks like 'xmbmon' (displays CPU
> temperature etc.) will work.

32 bit FreeBSD is working nicely on a MSI K8T Neo here, I'm still in the
process of experimenting with the 64bit version.

Dunno about xmbmon but sound and onboard GigE are fine.

Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris at chrishowells.co.uk, howells at kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt/C++/PHP Developer: http://www.kde.org