bios.h question

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Tue Sep 21 01:32:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 08:11:37PM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> I'm curious: did you find any recent documentation ? All documents on
> Powernow! I could gather on AMD site were for the K6 family.

Actually it is well documented (for the k7 one, it's another story
though).

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,00.html

Especially:

"BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide for AMD Athlon 64 and AMD Opteron
Processors", #26094
look especially at 9.5.5.2 which describe how to make a transition
for example.

"AMD Athlon 64 Processor Power and Thermal Data Sheet", #30430
which contains (amongst other things) all the processors supporting
frequency and voltage scalings.

and of course you have to look at the errata doc.

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.