amd64/71753: DRI loads but fails to render on Radeon 9200se(RV280).

unixgeek _ bsdunx at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 20:30:28 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR amd64/71753; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: unixgeek _ <bsdunx at yahoo.com>
To: gnats <freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: freebsd-amd64 at FreeBSD.org, Adam Gregoire <bsdunx at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: amd64/71753: DRI loads but fails to render on Radeon 9200se(RV280).
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

 > Do you have any errors in Xorg.0.log?  Also, did you
 > add an 'AGPSize' option
 > to your Xorg config file to tell it you have a 64MB
 > aperture?  X seems to
 > assume a default size of 8MB unless you explicitly
 > tell it you have more.

 $ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not
 implemented, (??) unknown.
 (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
 Nothing unusual here.

 I also added the following to xorg.conf.
     Option "AGPSize" "64"

 DRI still loads, and rendering still fails with same
 error.

 Adam Gregoire