bios.h question

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Tue Sep 14 15:43:14 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 08:04 am, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> I'm running 5.3-BETA4 and I can't find <machine/pc/bios.h> even
> though bios(9) exists.
> It seems bios.h is only present on the i386 and alpha architectures.
>
> Is this normal on amd64 ? If yes, I would appreciate if someone could
> point me to an alternative to bios_sigsearch()

We dont even have bios_sigsearch() - all the consumers in the kernel
were related to vm86()/bios16()/bios32() calls, which are impossible in
our kernel.

What do you need it for?  It might be ok to revive a subset of it, but
it would be useful to know what that file is being used for first, so
we know which subsets are needed.

Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com