How to install snapshot release?

Jason M. Leonard fuzz at ldc.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 21 07:12:40 PDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Communications Machine wrote:

> Odd question here, but have been unable to figure this one out...
>
> Downloaded the 'current' snapshot from snapshots.jp.freebsd.org, but how do
> I create a bootable cdrom from this stuff?

You may find this helpful:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-build.html

> I am trying to do an install based on a snapshot, as my system (Compaq
> R3140CA laptop) has issues with the -RELEASE level on account of the ACPI
> keyboard probe, which has apparently been fixed/patched in -current.

However, if this is your only motivation then you would probably be better
off with 5.3-RC1, which is available here:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/5.3/

Or, even better, download it from your closest local mirror site.

:Fuzz