kldload error with ndis for a project evil module

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 16 09:53:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 07:44:49PM -0400, Carolyn wrote:
> I have just put beta7 on a new computer(athlon64 of course) and I can't get
> the ndis module to load.  It compiles just fine but gives me an error saying
> link_elf_obj: symbol ntoskrnl_acquire_spinlock undefined
> exec format error
>
> On my personial 32bit athlon this kldload stuff works fine.  I just can't
> load ndis.ko.  Anyone have suggestions?

You didn't 100% clearly say you were running FreeBSD/AMD64 vs.
FreeBSD/i386 on your Athlon64 machine.  NDIS is not supported yet on
FreeBSD/AMD64 due to the vastly different MSWin calling convention [vs.
i386] and the lack of publically available mswin drivers to test with.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)