amd64 5.3rc1 panic during install on 8GB RAM Tyan S2885 w/ twe disk

James R. Van Artsalen james at jrv.org
Tue Nov 9 00:50:40 PST 2004

Here is the text I get during the file copy of a CD install unless I set
hw.physmem to less than 4GB.

This is a dual 248 CPU system.

This text is typed in from a digital camera photo so there may be typos.

panic: driver error: busdma dflt_lock called
cpuid = 0
boot() called on cpu#0
Uptime: 2m30s
Cannot dump.  No dump device defined.
Shutting down ACPI
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

cpuid = 1; apic id = 01
fault virtual address = 0x98
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xffffffff8018240e
stack pointer = 0x10:0xffffffffb7585b30
frame pointer - 0x10:0x1
code segment = base 0x0, limit0xfffff, type 0x1b
           = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags = resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 11 (idle: cpu1)
trap number = 12