sk problems still present in 5.3

Goran Gajic ggajic at mail.sbb.co.yu
Sun Nov 7 07:44:00 PST 2004

Hi,

I have installed 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD on dual amd64 with 4Gb ram and
problem with sk driver is still present. At least system is no longer
crashing, but when I try file copy from server (eiter via nfs or ftp) sk0
hangs with message: sk0 watchdog timeout. It makes no difference if kernel
is compiled with option SMP or not and debug.mpasafenet set to 0 or 1 also
makes no difference. Since I have no problems with sk0 on single PIV
machine I thought that this might be some amd64 related problem so
on same amd64 I have installed 5.3-RELEASE i386 but problem still exists.
Problem is not bi-directional since I can copy files to server either via
ftp or nfs but copying from server causes sk hangs.

Regards,
Goran Gajic