How to use nForce3 internal NIC on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT-AMD64

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 3 09:23:09 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:26:08PM +0900, Masahiko KIMOTO wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> Now, I can use nForce3 Ethernet on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT-AMD64.
>
> ABSTRACT:
>  - ports/net/nvnet is kernel module to use nForce Ethernet Controller.
>  - Driver for Linux-AMD64 is officially available.
>  - FreeBSD-AMD64 doesn't support kernel module currently.
>  - Thus, possibly I can use the driver for AMD64 with static linking.

To any committers:  I've got nve(4) ready to commit, but have one hard to
find problem on i386 to track down.  Please no one commit these patches.
KIMOTO-san, I'm glad I have another AMD64 tester for when it is
committed. :-)
Thanks.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)