Anyone use nullfs or unionfs ?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Mar 23 14:59:42 PST 2004

Bill Squire <billsf at curacao.n2it.nl> wrote:
 > As for unionfs, it would be very nice if it truely worked. It seems to not
 > be able to deal with very large overlays. Do I need to hack or is someone
 > doing that now. Duplicated efforts are a waste.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I've
been using union mounts for jails with great success.

Note that "union mounts" is something different than unionfs
(the former is the "-o union" option to the mount(8) command),
but they serve very similar purposes.

Maybe it is of use for you, too.  YMMV.

Regards
   Oliver