cvsup

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Tue Mar 23 13:14:45 PST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Markus Schanovsky wrote:
> Today I installed FreeBSD 5.2.1amd64 for the first time and encountered,
> that cvsup is not supported.
> Is there any other way to update the ports-tree than downloading the
> ports.tar.zg file?

Yes. Install cvsup. However, the ports cvsup / pkg_add -r will not work,
you need David's copy of it. Alternatively, you may port the Modula 3
compiler and use it to build the cvsup port itself. Search the archives of
this list for the url - subject "cvsup" ought to do it, pretty much.
Remember to unset compress in your supfile.