freebsd32 organization?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 22 06:20:04 PST 2004

Peter Wemm writes:

<...>

 > I've split out the 32 bit libraries part of my current WIP. You can see
 > it here:  http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/lib32.diff

Thank you.  Separating them clearly seems to be the best way.
I'll let you and David decide what the prefixes should be (32 vs i386).

<...>
 > robust with libc_r.  The libpthread problem appears to be the good old
 > misaligned stack problem lurking somewhere.
 >
 > I'll be tackling this next.  I do recommend using the 64 bit firefox
 > though, it is rock solid with libc_r.

Excellent work in tracking down the bug.  FWIW, firefox was
unstable for us even after mapping libpthread -> libc_r, but I think
it may have been something to do with the installed version of
Xft that was discussed on -current last week.

Drew