Tyan S2882UG3NR

alan barrow alan.barrow at psineteurope.com
Thu Mar 18 05:29:48 PST 2004

Dude :)

Well the saga was worthy of a film, everyone got involved, suppliers
tyan UK, tyan tw, tyan support DE, the issue we had can be reduced to
the following:-

System came - BIOS 1.01 / incorrect PCI-X riser. || Riser replaced with
the correct one the LSI raid jumps into life and we solve our routing
table problems.

BIOS version, installed 2.00 and the LSI behaved well with the Adaptec
turned off.

SMDC card, after trying multiple BIOS versions and images for the SMDC
tyan UK got a similar system going in a lab, but without COMM2 re-direct
over COMM2 port.

We have shipped the machine back as we may have a case of :-

	a) Early board / s.
	b) Mismatch of MB BIOS & SMDC images.

5.2.1. We have so far had no issues, I have rebuild the kernel and the
system is running flow-tools, rrd and apache. We have had no issues with
the OS as of yet.

Hope this helps, in general we have canned the ZC adaptec board and are
going for the plain MB.

yours a.r.b.