Just following up re: my initial install of FreeBSD on my new AMD64 box

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 18:59:37 GMT 2004

On 11-Jun-2004 David O'Brien wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:30:05PM -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
>> Only problem I'm having at this point is that booting with ACPI
>> enabled hangs just after the two ATAPI devices are probed.  Not
>> sure why, as I can't get any further logging, even with a verbose
>> boot.  Not a big problem for me at this point, but one that I would
>> like to see eventually resolved, of course.
>
> You failed to mention your motherboard, BIOS version, and provide a
> verbose dmesg.  ;-)

Yeah, I know.  :-)  I've just been so busy this week getting this
machine all setup, I wasn't really looking for an immediate solution to
that particular problem, just thought I'd mention it.  :-)

It's an HP Pavilion a530n (nice!).  Rather than clutter up the list,
all the specs can be found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?product=404646&lang=
en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&

I'll send a verbose dmesg.boot later.  My existing one is not in
verbose mode, and I'm in the middle of doing a few things and can't
reboot just at the moment.  :-)

Thanks.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"