All my amd64 problems appear to be KSE

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sat Jun 5 01:48:05 GMT 2004

I just switched over to libc_r via. libmap.conf and I no longer get any
mysterious crashes of applications in gnome.  My gnome-terminals and
everything else are just fine now.

I'm wondering now if I can build db41 with the pthread library again.
It shouldn't really be built with pthread as a dependency anyway, but it
causes crashes in bash on amd64 with nss_ldap.

I believe all the amd64 crashes to be related to signal handling.  If
there are any tests or additional things I can do to assist in fixing
this please let me know.

Sean