core dumps with bash, nautilus, and gnome-vfs-daemon

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Tue Jun 1 22:18:23 PDT 2004

sorry for the dup, but want to make sure it goes out the othe right
mailing lists.  I had a typo before....

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 22:05, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 01:00, Sean McNeil wrote:
> > This happens with -CURRENT and all recent ports built on an amd64 arch.
> > I have the core files and will do a trace when I get a working debugger.
> >
> > bash core dumps when I resize a gnome-terminal window.
> >
> > gnome-vfs-daemon and nautilus core dump when I try to start nautilus.
> > If I do it from a gnome-terminal, I get the following output:
> >
> > nautilus in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
> > nautilus in malloc(): error: recursive call
> > nautilus in malloc(): error: recursive call
> > Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> These are standard malloc issues.  If you do ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf,
> do these crashes go away?
>
> Joe

When I do that, I no longer get core, but I get

nautilus
nautilus in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
nautilus in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense

and then the application error dialog asking to restart, close, or send
report.

Sean