core dumps with bash, nautilus, and gnome-vfs-daemon

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Tue Jun 1 22:01:24 PDT 2004

This happens with -CURRENT and all recent ports built on an amd64 arch.
I have the core files and will do a trace when I get a working debugger.

bash core dumps when I resize a gnome-terminal window.

gnome-vfs-daemon and nautilus core dump when I try to start nautilus.
If I do it from a gnome-terminal, I get the following output:

nautilus in free(): error: junk pointer, too high to make sense
nautilus in malloc(): error: recursive call
nautilus in malloc(): error: recursive call
Abort trap (core dumped)

Cheers,
Sean