EPOX 8HDA3+ onboard 1Gb lan

Yoriaki FUJIMORI fujimori at ns.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Tue Jun 1 07:23:30 PDT 2004

Dear folks,
I am running FreeBSD 5.2 on EPOX8HDA3+ with 3com Gb ether
by FreeBSD 5.2R.  The motherboard is plugged with an amd64 cg
core cpu with L2/1M.  The bios is updated to the latest one.

The box is a diskless PC, and I try to boot it via 3com
1Gb lan.  But, at the end of boot process, the kernel panics
and the system continues rebooting forever.
The same kernel boots and runs  perfectly on the same
motherboard via 100mb fast ether.
The same kernel runs perfectly also on other diskless PCs, which
have got older amd64 (no cg core) and older bios.
So, my guess is there is something wrong in the combination
of FreeBSD5.2 3com driver and EPOX board.

Has anyone of you got a similar experience?

Thank you for your attention.

yoriaki fujimori