SUN Blade V20z

Holger Kipp Holger.Kipp at alogis.com
Sun Jul 25 06:19:25 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:53:49AM -0300, OS wrote:
> Sirs,
>
> We recently bought a V20z with no support from SUN. We´re having trouble in
> stalling the Windows 2000 server. The install program can´t find the SCSI
> disks. We´re using all default configurations ..... we gues that the Windows
> does not have the appropriate drivers for the SCSI adapter.
>
> This list was one of the few places over the internet where I could find
> something about the V20z

This is a mailing list for FreeBSD, not Microsoft Windows.

If you google for 'SUN V20z Operating System' you will get many interesting and helpful links, eg

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/Servers/Workgroup_Servers/Sun_Fire_V20z/
http://de.sun.com/Produkte/Hardware/WGServer/v20z/details.html (german)

have you checked that the disks are ok and accessible - eg by installing FreeBSD, Linux or
Solaris? have you checked for latest bios-update? Are you using an external disk array?
Check if it supports windows at all.

Please note that
 - FreeBSD (or any *BSD)
 - Linux (Redhat, SuSE,...)
 - Solaris (also available for V20z)
are not Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.

I have mentioned that this is a FreeBSD mailing list?

Regards,
Holger Kipp