How to convert from i386 to amd64

George Mitchell george at m5p.com
Mon Jul 12 16:59:54 PDT 2004

> I've never made a release CD, so I'm not sure.  Hopefully someone else
> can offer experience in doing that.

I didn't really make a whole release CD.  I copied the contents of one
into a temporary directory, substituted my patched kernel, and then
wrote the whole mess to a new CD.  I was too lazy to even redo the
base install files, so I went to the emergency shell at the conclusion
of the install and copied my patched kernel over the one that had been
written on the hard disk by the installation process.     -- George