Sil3114 controller?

freebsd-amd64 at retrovertigo.com freebsd-amd64 at retrovertigo.com
Tue Jan 13 12:59:18 PST 2004

Greetings,

I have a dual Opteron system on a Tyan Tiger K8W (S2875).

I have attempted to install via the 5.2-RELEASE ISO's.  Problem:  CD boots
fine, but my SATA drives (two Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120G) were not
detected.  I don't see anything in the release notes specific to the
controller or the drives.

The motherboard has the same Sil3114 SATA controller as the Tyan Thunder K8W
(S2885).  I have seen other posts to this list that indicate success in
installing FreeBSD on the Thunder K8W, so I'm wondering why I can't see the
drives on my system.

The drives came with Windows XP pre-installed which seems to work ok for
Windows.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,