AMD64 support in 5.x versions

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Tue Jan 6 12:25:04 PST 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 20:57, Michael J. Pelletier wrote:
> I was looking through the pages for 5.1 etc. I did not see AMD64
> listed...Do you guys support AMD64 on the 5.x?

5.x on the AMD64, yes. It is listed as a Tier-1 platform main page. Actually,
4.x will run on it too as if it was a very fast i386 machine. There are
bootable snapshots available, I think - see the archives of this list. Do
note that not everything works perfectly - there is no i386 FBSD executable
support, so you will need to recompile everything. There is no Linux
executable support. xpdf doesn't work. gcl and cmucl don't work. Lots of
other ports have secret i386 or other nonportable assumptions, and may not
compile.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?