MSI K8T-MASTER

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Wed Feb 25 20:25:13 PST 2004

> Which does not really sound like the 2nd processor is going
> to be well connected
> to main memory???
> And thus this sounds like an unbalanced architecture with
> respect to memory
> access times....
>
> This this correct? or how does it work otherwise?

Yes it is correct. The Master2-FAR has a "4+0" configuration where one processor must conduct memory transactions through the other.

I don't know how much of a performance penalty this imposes. I'm sure it depends on the application.

I'm happy with mine, although I might buy a different board if I were to purchase a new one today.

-Will