AMD64 + Ports

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.freebsd at lixfeld.ca
Sat Feb 21 14:31:03 PST 2004

On Feb 21, 2004, at 3:30 PM, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Have a look at http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/ezm3-amd64/
> There are a mountain of diffs and hacks to try and get ezm3  to work
> with gcc on amd64.  There is enough there to enable you to produce the
> same binary in the package you downloaded.  ie: it will blow up with
> that zlib error.  Be sure to put the boot-ezm3-1.1-FBSD_AMD64.tar.bs2
> into your /usr/ports/distfiles/ezm3/ directory because its not in
> John's dist area that the port knows about.

Thanks for the pointer.  I applied the cvsup patch, no problem and
tried to install the ezm3 patch but messed up and kept screwing with it
to the point where the Makefile.orig no longer resembled the original
from the distribution.  I need to look around and find the original
Makefile.  How does one go about re-downloading the files for one
single port?  I'd use CVSUP, but... :)

> As has been mentioned, don't use compress.  I know this is a PITA, but
> haven't figured out a way around it.  The error code is 0xffffffffb
> which is -5.  For zlib, that translates to 'buffer error'.  In other
> words, the callback hooks for zlib in cvsup are not working right.  I'd
> welcome you to try and fix them. :-)

Well, I would if I knew how to code! :)