System advice requested

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Fri Feb 13 03:16:57 PST 2004

Like you suggest:
    I've also got some taxes to burn
But also:
    I'd like to play

And to be honest:
    In my new house 8Gb isn't going to cover all.
    It needs to:
        stream audio CD's and DVD's
        capture secure cams
        function as a database server for the domotica system
        central store and backup for all other PC's 4*W2K 5*FBSD

I was thinking of adding at least 1T of diskspace and see if either
vinum, ccd, GEOM or something that is to come would be able to do
the job.

I knew about the SATA stuff from current@, but I would expect that
carefull choices can prevent some of the major pittfalls.
I'll have a go at the archive.

Since your .nl too, any price indications and/or shop-advices???

--WjW