ASUS K8V SE + onboard sound recording

Java News java.public at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 10:37:35 PST 2004

Hi,
I have a problem with my FreeBSD 5.3 workstation - based on ASUS K8V
SE, AMD64 3000+, works nearly perfect for me but today I had to record
some messages, and just couldn't. Soundcard is configured and works
fine xmms plays, PSI beeps on message - output from kldstat:
3    1 0xc0973000 47dc     snd_via8233.ko
4    2 0xc0978000 1d4fc    sound.ko

ps -ax | grep artsd
741  ??  S      1:02.20 artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -a oss -s 60 -m
artsmessage -c drkonqi -l 3 -f

KDE 3.3 on fresh Xorg, I put microphone (tested & working) into pink
jack, I run KRec, I run KMix in KMix I choose microphone and in KRec
start to record - no sound record was done.

Anyone can help me with this? Anyone use microphone with succes on
ASUS K8V SE? Any help would be great.

Thx in advance and Happy New Year :)
Lee