Server hanging after few days

Neil Doody neil at mpfspromotions.com
Fri Dec 31 05:47:55 PST 2004

Hi, got the FreeBSD AMD64 5.3R OS installed on an AMD64 system, it works
fine except after a few days it seems to hang, I then have to log onto the
APC and send a hard reboot before I can get back into it?  I look in the
/var/log/messages at the end and don't see any kind of kernel panics or any
reason why I can't get back into the system.

The system is at a remote location, hosted in a data centre so I cannot look
at the console, though I may have to put in a request for a technician to
look at it for me next time.

Has anyone else experienced such hanging from there AMD64 implementation of
FreeBSD?

Vital signs:-

FreeBSD svr1.16o.com 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Dec  2 01:16:45
UTC 2004     toor at svr1.16o.com:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/SVR1  amd64

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ (1800.08-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x10ff0  Stepping = 0

Features=0x78bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,
CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>
  AMD Features=0xe2500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,<b25>,LM,3DNow+,3DNow>