Direct rendering doesn't work with Xorg 6.8.1

James Earl james at icionline.ca
Fri Dec 24 05:37:30 PST 2004

James Earl wrote:
> Roland Smith wrote:
>> I get more or less the same message, with a different card-id. My card
>> has two connectors, a VGA connector and a DVI connector. I'm using the
>> VGA connector. Maybe the second device has to do with the unused
>> connector?
>>
>> Roland
>

> Hmm... I'm using the DVI connector.
>
> James

The Secondary must just be whatever isn't being used.  Anyway, as you
already said it's normal...  Maybe I'll have to give 6.7.0 another try
now that I know to make sure I've got the dri port installed!  :)

(II) RADEON(0): Primary:
  Monitor   -- TMDS
  Connector -- DVI-I
  DAC Type  -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
  TMDS Type -- Internal
  DDC Type  -- DVI_DDC
(II) RADEON(0): Secondary:
  Monitor   -- NONE
  Connector -- VGA
  DAC Type  -- Primary
  TMDS Type -- NONE
  DDC Type  -- VGA_DDC
(II) RADEON(0): PLL parameters: rf=2700 rd=12 min=20000 max=40000;
xclk=20000
(II) RADEON(0): DFP table revision: 4
(WW) RADEON(0): Failed to detect secondary monitor, MergedFB/Clone mode
disabled