5.3R cvsup failure, libm.so.2. COMPAT files missing?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Wed Dec 15 17:42:36 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 12:10:06AM +0000, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2004 23:54, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > vi /etc/libmap.conf
> > libm.so.2 ? libm.so.3
>
> However that is a really bad idea in the long term so it should be removed
> after you have cvsup'd the sources and rebuilt cvsup so that it uses
> libm.so.3 instead.

Have you looked at net/cvsup/Makefile.

.elif ${ARCH} == "amd64"
PORTREVISION=   1
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     obrien
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}
DISTNAME=       cvsup-without-gui.amd64
NO_WRKSUBDIR=   yes
USE_REINPLACE=  yes
NO_BUILD=       binary-only

Note the original post specifically mentions AMD64.

I can assure you that I am well aware of the changes in
libm.  You can check the archives for my repeat pleas
to bump the version number of libm over the last several
years.

--
Steve