linux proc, rpm and glibc_post_upgrade

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Tue Dec 14 13:27:43 PST 2004

I decided to take a look at why linux_base is failing to install without
--noscripts.  So far, I've found that glibc will not install because

/compat/linux/usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade

returns 1 when it is executed.  Does anyone know where I can get the
source code to this for examination.  A quick google got me nowhere.

Looking at strings output, I see a few things of interest:

/lib/i686/libc-2.2.4.so
/lib/i686/libm-2.2.4.so
/lib/i686/libpthread-0.9.so
/lib/i686/libc.so.6
/lib/i686/libm.so.6
/lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
/sbin/ldconfig
/usr/sbin/iconvconfig
/sbin/telinit
/dev/initctl
/proc/1/exe
/proc/1/root

I do not see a /compat/linux/lib/i686 dir.
/compat/linux/proc is unmounted during install.
when mounted, /compat/linux/proc/1/root points to the system root, not
the linux compat root and there is not /compat/linux/proc/1/exe.

Cheers,
Sean