-current and/or -amd64 (Re: new TCL vs. current-6)

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 13 22:13:16 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:40:56AM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> > [ Mikhail, please don't double post to both freebsd-amd64 and freebsd-current ]
>
> Why not? The problem is with -current, with -amd64, or with a combination.
> Neither list is a subset of the other, is it?

The problem is either machine(platform)-independant (MI) or
machine(platform)-dependant (MD).
If there was no difference between freebsd-current@ and freebsd-amd64@
then why do you think we have freebsd-{alpha,amd64,ia64,powerpc,sparc64}@ ??

There is no need to send most of us 2 copies of every thing... I dare say
99% of the people on this list also read freebsd-current with some
frequency (though maybe not as much as followin their favorate platform
lists).

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)