network card

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Dec 6 07:05:48 PST 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 15:23, Ernst W. Winter wrote:
> Well I would like to ask "what ntwork card" is working with amd64
> FreeBSD, that is without any hassles. I try the sk one and it still has
> the problem of putting out the same message:
>
> sk0 discard frame w/o leading ethernet header (len 10 pkt len 10)
>
> it is a ASUS A8V Deluxe board with the lan omboard.
> 5.3_STABLE is the version I'm running.

5-CURRENT has had patches applied by Bjoern (or others? In any case, mentioned
often and recently on this list) for sk0; that works normally for me on a
K8V.

> Any sugestions what card would work with this MB and amd64?

3c905 (xl)? rtl8139 (rl)? I ran my K8V with xl0 and rl0 for months until the
sk issues were resolved. It depends, of course, on what you want to do with
the machine -- perhaps a cheap-ass $5 rl card isn't what you want.

--
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot