Kernel Build errors

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Fri Dec 3 09:27:09 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 07:24 -0500, Egor Dmitrenkov wrote:
> Thanks, I've build the kernel this way:
>
> # cd /usr/src/
> # make clean
> # rm -r /usr/obj/*
> # make TARGET_TECH=amd64 buildworld
> # make TARGET_TECH=amd64 buildkernel
> # make TARGET_TECH=amd64 installkernel
>
> New kernel freezes at startup right after enumerating hard drives...
> Should I install world? How? Thanks in advance!

You could try one thing:

cp /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1

If this allows you to boot up then you might be able to install the
amd64 world on top of the i386 version.  This is what I did a long time
ago.

Unfortunately, from other emails I've seen this is no longer possible as
i386 code will not run under amd64 without some changes in the i386
libraries.

Sean