AMD64- Solutions

James wkwu at FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw
Thu Dec 2 17:14:13 PST 2004

±z¦b <conljc$1pep$1 at FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw> ¤å³¹¤º´£¨ì:
> FreeBSD/amd64 works well on a dual opteron Tyan K8S Pro system
> with less than 8 GB of memory.  It does not boot if you have
> more than 8 GB.  See the FreeBSD-amd64 list over the last week or
> 2 for detailed emails continaing the panic messages.

I use Tyan K8S Pro (BIOS v2.03, factory default) with 16G RAM.
It works well on heavy memory load and CPU load. (mysql and others)
(Even the BIOS option SRAT on/off both works.)

5.3-STABLE amd64 improves a lot on performance than 5.2.1.

Maybe you can tell us what type of your jobs.